Information Lifecycle Management
Stay ahead of the curve and manage the data lifecycle for retention, disposal and e-discovery
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) is a data management practice that manages data from inception to storage to eventual disposal for its cost, use and value to the organization. Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) uses established policies to determine how data should be managed and what data tiers and storage technologies are best suited to the data value and use.
Data volume has been growing; it has become increasingly difficult for organizations to purge data. Organizations have increasingly adopted conservative data retention policies to address the threat of potential future litigation. Regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act (HIPAA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Basel II in Europe, and many others require organizations to retain business data indefinitely.
Novity will help your IT organization to cost-effectively handle data growth, safely retire legacy systems and applications, optimize Test Data Management, and protect sensitive data (Data Masking). By handling every phase of the data lifecycle, your IT team can improve information lifecycle management and better support application optimization, regulatory compliance, IT consolidation, and mergers & acquisitions.
Benefits of an application ILM solution include:
- Improving application performance by eliminating unnecessary data from the production database
- Reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) by lowering hardware costs, reducing storage costs and reducing DBA support time
- Enabling regulatory compliance
- Strategic Data Archiving - Enhance performance, reduce storage and maintenance costs and manage risk & compliance.
- Test Data Management - Lower IT costs, reduce risk and support compliance, enhance quality and security, improve productivity and flexibility.
- Data Masking & Data Privacy - Support data privacy compliance, reduce risk of data breaches and protect sensitive data in non-production environment to improve the quality of development, testing and training activities.
Novity’s team can help streamline your IT infrastructure by decommissioning legacy systems and automating data retention according to rules you define minimizing risk with control over your data.